Welcome to Gyaan Ka Saagar's Sangeet Yaatrah. Join voluneeter music instructors as the help provide a series of lessons on how to play traditional Indian instruments.
Join volunteer instructor Chandica "Kevin" Phagoo along with host Pt. Bhisham "Jito" Misir, as they provide lessons on how to play the Harmonium
- The parts of the Harmonoium
- How to open a Harmonium
- How to set a Harmonium
- How to make a sound on the Harmonium
- The basic scales of music (both western and indian classical)
- The formula for playing a major scale from any note
- How to play the chorus of Hare Raama Hare Raama
- How to play Hare Raama Hare Raama in its entirety
- Explanation on the sargam (Indian Classical Scales) on the Harmonium
- How to play Sargam from any note
- How to play Govinda Jai Jai Gopala Jai Jai in its entirety
- This will be demonstrated from the Key of "E"
- How to play Govinda Jai Ganesh Jai Ganesh Deva in its entirety
- This will be demonstrated from the Key of "D#"
- How to play Raghupati Raghav Raja Raam in its entirety
- This will be demonstrated from the Key of "C#"
About the Instructor
Chandica "Kevin" Phagoo, is a resident of Jersey City, NJ and student of Sangeet Vilas at the Kinar Cultural Center, Inc. His love for music began at the young age of 5, where he along with his parents attended various hindu Mandirs. Aside from being an accomplished Harmonium player, Kevin is a vocalist, tabla player, sound engineer, composer, producer and editor.
Gyaan Ka Saagar is proud to have Kevin as this segments volunteer instructor.